Thursday, June 7, 2012

Tasty Homemade Almond Milk





This is a simple nutritious and delicious recipe for almond milk. If you can get your hands on a nut grinder it's the way to go as grinding nuts in your coffee grinder can wear it out (I know this from experience)! This is a great base to start off any shake or simply enjoy with a bowl of cereal.

Here's the recipe:

12 raw almonds
1 Tbsp raw sunflower seeds
2 Tbsp raw sesame seeds
4-6 C water (I eyeball it, I like to make a full blender of milk)
1 tsp vanilla (optional)
1-2 Tbsp honey (optional, depends if you like it sweet!)

What cha do:

I grind all of my nuts together in a nut grinder. Add 2-3 Tbsp of the ground nut mixture into a blender with water, vanilla and honey. Blend on high for 2-3 minutes. Store the extra nut mixture in the fridge for your next batch of delicious milk! You will end up with lots of nutty sediment at the bottom, I will leave it up to you to decide what to do with it, of course the sediment is very good for you so don't be scared to drink it! Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment